2000 km of the journey and we have not yet begun

September 27, 2019

2000 km of the journey and we have not yet begun
After I left the Kurdish areas and headed towards the high agricultural villages of the center, I accidentally met a second traveler on the bicycle named Cristian, an Austrian national. He was walking in the opposite direction and was coming from the north and heading south. We exchanged parties for an hour and a half and drank Turkish coffee after being banned on the fire of firewood. After the break I continued to penetrate the central areas to the border of the city of Gosksun, where I was invited to dinner and overnight by "Abu Rayan", a Syrian refugee generous and very good work as a craftsman carpentry workshop.
In this area I noticed a major preparation for the winter and snowfall by cutting and storing firewood that was dried during the summer by the residents of the region.
After dark, the weather became very cold and unbearable, the temperature is 02 degrees at 20 o'clock at night.
In the morning, after breakfast with the Abu Rayyan employees, I set off on my bicycle in a very cold atmosphere, towards the town of Pinarbasi, where I celebrated the second thousand kilometers of the journey (2000 km), between the heights of the Taurus mountain range. The weather was getting worse and the rain started to rain, and I had no choice but to continue the way until I found a gas station, that is, I got permission to camp for the night and take a breath after a mildly difficult period.
The next day, the destination was the huge city of Kayseri with one million and one hundred thousand inhabitants, known for its green gardens and squares, and resembles the founder of the Turkish Republic "Mustafa Kemal Ataturk" which is in the middle of the city. The village passed through the village of karatay hanı, which was named after the fortified karatay hanı, built during the Seljuq era by Jalal al-Din Karati in 638 AH (1240 CE), which includes a mosque, a hammam, the tomb of one of the sultans, and a huge gate. Contains wonderful Islamic inscriptions and Quranic verses.
After my visit to the castle, I continued my way to Kayseri, but in fact, I did not enjoy much of my presence there, due to excessive traffic, I took some memorial photos, in front of the old Islamic fort surrounding the city, which is now a market for many products such as clothes, shoes and Food, and set off again towards the countryside and small villages deep inside the Turkish Republic.
































You Might Also Like

0 التعليقات

Follow Us On Facebook

Popular Posts